Your Trusted Michigan Elder Law & Estate Planning Attorneys
When it comes to planning for the future and ensuring that the needs of your loved ones are met, there is nothing more important than actualizing a suitable plan and proper arrangements for you and your family. At Wagner Law, we are dedicated to helping you and your family plan for life events, establish reliable arrangements for your loved ones, obtain benefits, and protect assets. We believe that providing compassion and understanding is key when assisting our clients and their families. Our focus is to impart peace of mind while protecting the things that matter most to you in life.
Whether you are planning your estate or seeking assistance with elder law, probate, setting up a business, or veterans benefits, Wagner Law has the experience to guide you or help create a plan or structure that will relieve stress and worry while protecting your financial resources. Our goal is to preserve your rights and finances, and get you through the complex regulations and costs involved in estate planning, probate, elder care, and VA benefits. Managing your estate and preparing for the future will allow you to have a secure anchor against foreseen and unforeseen life events.
At Wagner Law, we understand that your concerns and legal matters will have a lasting impact on your life, as well as that of your loved ones. That is why our team is readily available to assist you in any way we can. We are equipped with adequate resources and tools that enable us to offer customized solutions. We know that every case is unique. As such, the service and attention you receive will be suited to your particular circumstance. Our aim is to help our clients feel comfortable and confident in their decisions for themselves and their families.
Wagner Law has an office in Clarkston, MI, and serves clients throughout Oakland County and surrounding areas.
Advantages of Estate Planning
Often estate planning is thought of as a process you undergo in your older years. The truth is, if you are an adult who is married, has children, or assets in your name, you should have at least a basic will drafted.
We’ve provided a list of benefits a qualified estate planning attorney can help you achieve through the estate planning process:
- Assigning guardianship for children. The most important thing a parent will leave behind when they die is their children. Through proper estate planning, you can designate a guardian for your children and instructions for their care when you’re gone.
- Smooth transfer of assets to loved ones. Without a will or trust, your assets will be distributed to your heirs according to state law. With the assistance of an estate planning attorney, you can distribute your property to your loved ones as you see fit.
- Seamless succession. When a family business has been established, you want to know that your hard work will carry on in your absence. Adequate estate planning will ensure the proper succession after you’re gone.
- Avoiding family conflict. Give your family peace of mind by leaving clear instructions on how your estate is to be managed, reducing or eliminating family conflict over these decisions after your death.
How Can A Michigan Elder Law Attorney Assist You?
Top elder law attorneys focus their efforts on advocating and providing services for the elderly and disabled. In addition to estate and financial planning, an elder law attorney assists clients with everyday issues surrounding the care of our seniors and the disabled.
Wagner Law Services:
- Draft durable power of attorney, living will, or other advanced directive documentation. A living will lawyer can prepare the needed paperwork to make your wishes for end-of-life clear when you are unable to communicate for yourself.
- Healthcare and eldercare planning. Free your loved ones from making decisions about your care as you age by planning now for your golden years.
- Long-term care facility research. If a time comes when it becomes necessary to move to a long-term care facility, give yourself peace of mind that an experienced elder law attorney will guide you in making this important decision.
- Support nursing home resident rights. Moving into a nursing home can be quite an adjustment. An elder law attorney can explain your rights and, if needed, file a claim on your behalf.
- -Establish trust or last will and testament. Show your commitment to your family by taking the necessary estate planning steps before it’s too late.
- Probate services. Most estates will pass through probate court before they are settled. An experienced probate attorney will guide your family through the process.
- Provide additional estate planning. An elder law attorney can assist in organizing all your estate planning needs.
“So thankful for Brandon and everything he did for me; I came to him by way of referral and I'm so incredibly thankful for him. He helped me finish out my father's estate that became ugly. From the very first meeting, he was able to put me at ease, lay out a plan and quickly get a handle on the situation. He was forthcoming, clear, punctual, calming, and communicated regularly throughout the entire process. Highly recommended!”
Veterans' Benefits Needs Attorney In Michigan
After dedicating part of your life to serving your country it should not be difficult to receive the benefits you deserve, but often it is. Mr. Wagner is a Veterans Affairs (VA) accredited veterans’ benefits needs attorney. He assists clients through the often confusing process of applying for benefits, including
- survivor benefits,
- VA pension benefits, including aid and attendance benefits
If you have already applied and been denied benefits, Wagner Law can assist you in preparing an appeal to obtain the benefits you were promised.
Committed Estate Planning Attorney
As a veteran himself, Brandon Wagner cares about the men and women who have served this country. The former Army lawyer turned elder law and estate planning attorney, opened his practice in 2018 to focus on elder law, estate planning, veterans’ benefits, and business development. He is committed to helping members of the community and veterans at every stage of life.
Estate Planning – What to Expect
At Wagner Law in Clarkston, Michigan our goal is to relieve some of the heavy load of planning for life’s events. During your initial estate planning consultation with Mr. Wagner, he is going to want to get to know you and learn about your estate planning goals. He’ll ask questions to get to know your background, such as:
- What is your marital status?
- How many children and grandchildren do you have?
- What is your age? What are the ages of your family members?
- Do you have existing estate planning documents?
- What assets do you own? What is their estimated value?
During the planning process, he will also need to know the important people in your life and who you wish to designate important roles to, such as the guardian of your children or healthcare agent.
Mr. Wagner’s role as your estate planning attorney is to create a legal framework to manage your estate and reach your goals. He will clearly explain each step of the estate planning process and what is required to achieve your objectives.
See Our Latest Blog Post
Estate planning may sound like the domain of the very wealthy, however, but it is an essential securing your future. In the eyes of the…Read More
Harry and Wanda got married late in life. This was their second marriage, and both had children from the prior marriages. The couple wanted their…Read More
Nurse Aide Attitude – These men and women are the hard-working individuals who will be directly interacting and caring for your loved one day and night.…Read More
Providing Peace Of Mind For Families And Individuals
Focused in elder law, Veterans benefits, and estate planning including guardianship and conservatorship, we can help you and your loved ones navigate through long term planning needs and crisis to help give you clarity and peace of mind. Fill the form to Schedule A Complimentary Consultation.